Software and Database Development
Scomage has been very successful in deploying a number of distributed business solutions
for our clients utilizing sound project management and proven multi-tier development technologies.
Typically these are custom solutions that provide our clients with a unique business edge.
Our solutions fall mainly into the areas of database developent & data marts,
accounting system add-ons & interfaces, and web development.
Whether it's labeled as traditional, client-server, or e-commerce,
our specialty is developing database-enabled applications.
These applications range from small customizations of
existing packages to web back-end processing to large mission
Our experience includes the design, development, testing,
implementation, and support of these applications.
We have experience with almost every database system including:
Oracle, SQL Server, DB2/UDB, Informix, Sybase, FoxPro, Interbase,
Access, and MySQL.
We are also familiar with application-specific databases such as
QuickBooks, Exchange, and ACT.
We support all Microsoft operating systems,
all Intel-based Linux environments, and most UNIX systems.
The bulk of our development is with the core languages C++ and Java.
We also support popular 4th generation languages
(Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Delphi) and scripting
We can provide all of the following custom software development:
- Database Design - logical and physical modeling
- Application Design - analysis, requirements, and technical specifications
- System Architecture - integrating systems and components to create an efficient corporate infrastructure
- Development - coding and unit testing
- Quality Assurance - system and integration testing
- Implementation - hardware, software, and operational procedures
- Maintenance - technical support and enhancements
- Documentation - user manuals, administrative guide, and technical documentation
- Project Management - planning, administration, and management of development teams and resources
While not CPAs, we have CPA and account system knowledge
that provides useful benefits to our customers.
We can assist customers with implementing, upgrading, or
interfacing to their accounting systems.
Although our accounting knowledge is generic, we have the most
experience with QuickBooks and Peachtree for the typical small business.
We have also worked with industry specific accounting systems such as:
Timberline (construction), DDMS (office supplies/printing), ProShop (printing),
and FACTS (wholesale).
We can provide all of the following accounting system services:
- Accounting System Installation - hardware, software, and operational procedures, installation and setup including account structures
- Mergers and Divestitures - importing/exporting data between companies
- System Upgrade - upgrading to a new version or different system
- System Integration - integrating with e-commerce, database, POS, or other management systems
- EDI Integration - implementing EDI, interfacing with VANs, converting data
- Custom Development - enhancement to an existing system(s)
- Maintenance - technical support, backups and end of year procedures